Tata Communications Banking InfraSolutions emerges as India's larges..
Tata Communications wins contract for deploying and managing nearly 14,000 ATMs for public sector banks across three regions of India
Mumbai: Tata Communications Banking InfraSolutions (TCBIL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Communications specialising in payment solutions for the banking and financial services sector, has emerged as the largest managed ATM service provider in the country after signing a milestone
contract to deploy and manage nearly 14,000 ATMs for all public sector banks across Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, West Bengal, Andaman & Nicobar and Andhra Pradesh. With this win, TCBIL has become India's largest managed ATM services provider, with almost 27,000 contracted ATMs nationwide.
Sudip Kumar, president, TCBIL, said, "We are honoured to have won this prestigious mandate to assist the public sector banks in their endeavour to expand their ATM networks. This is a huge endorsement of our competence in the banking infrasolutions space as we commenced operations only
three years ago. TCBIL will function as a one-stop solution to the banks for the entire value chain - from identifying locations to implementing the ATM as per their bespoke brand guidelines."
TCBIL will deploy and manage nearly 14,000 ATMs over a span of two years for all 21 public sector banks. Around 50 percent of the total rollout would be in semi urban and rural locations and the remaining 50 percent would be deployed in metro and urban markets.
TCBIL's service offering is based on deep domain experience of the banking sector backed by Tata Communications' highly resilient and secure global infrastructure and managed services credentials. TCBIL has a strong track record in deploying a wide portfolio of financial services for banks,
* ATM outsourcing: End-to-end deployment and managed services
* Point of Sale (POS): Enablement and management
* Card issuance: Management and switching services
* Hosted services: Core banking services, cheque truncation services
* Financial inclusion: End-to-end services
TCBIL at a glance:
* India's largest managed ATM services provider with over 26,700 ATMs contracted
* Manages more than 12,500 ATMs and 10,000 POS terminals as on March 31, 2012
* Handles over 55 percent of POS traffic in India
* Handles 200 million card transactions annually, i.e close to 5,50,000 transactions every day
* Manages over Rs1.8 crore of card transactions each month
* Enjoys the trust of over 25 leading banks in India as clients